message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Art + Interiors: Lise Temple

Today I'm inspired by the abstract landscapes of Australian artist Lise Temple. Needless to say I love her choice of palette, but I also love the juxtaposition between broad and brash brush strokes and the tiny and intricate spacial detailing. It makes for a depth in the work that goes beyond the landscape or the page....


I would never have thought to mix in terracotta with this palette but I think it brings in a beautifully warm contrast to the grey, green and blue that dominates each composition. And there is no better way to bring a color whole heartily into a room than to paint it on the walls. I've been wanting to use this green (#440B-6 Barnyard Grass by BEHR) somewhere in my home for months now, and I think it's time to finally pull the trigger. Hope your week is off to a wonderful start...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment