message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Love it / Live it: Georgia O'keeffe

Good morning! As we had more than our fair share of April showers, I am welcoming May flowers with open arms. The sun is shining, the trees are blooming and Summer is on it's way, life is sweet...
chair via Anthropologie
Artist Georgia O'Keeffe had a way of focusing in on the beauty of the simplest of things in life, such as a single poppy. Her work is unabashedly bold and expressive. Whether she was painting a large scale tulip or a mountain range, O'Keeffe believed that art was about relaying a feeling rather than a photographic image. In the case of the poppy I like to think that feeling was utter joy. What simple details are brightening your world today? Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! So beautiful. I'd love that chair in my room even though it doesn't match (: hehe. So bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. please - I want that chair - and for you to design my bedroom around it!

    ReplyDelete