message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Friday, February 11, 2011

Art + Interiors: Splendid Chaos [Robert Rauchenberg]

Ah Friday, and I am so glad it's here... I recently had the absolute pleasure of interviewing The Head and the Heart's Charity Rose Thielen (details soon I promise!) and let me tell you, this girl has style. Our conversations left me utterly inspired so today I am featuring one of her favorite artists, Robert Rauchenberg. I have to say his work has not always been my cup of tea but something that Charity shared made me see his work in a whole new light...

When asked what inspires her, Charity's first response was REALITY. And I think that is exactly what is so intriguing about Rauchenberg's work. His mix of media, found objects and seemingly sporadic palettes are a perfect representation of everyday life's splendid chaos.  
I love Seattle for that very same reason, I am inspired daily by the gritty, organic, diverse culture all around me here. And by the amazing people it tends to attract.

"I think a painting is more like the real world if it's made out the real world." -Robert Rauschenberg



light, end tables and chair via South of Market, pillow wary meyers, rug fort street studios, accessories arteriors home, chair architonic

I love this mix of the elements. The cold metals against the unfinished wood, the hard angles against the uninhibited brush strokes, so much drama is created before any colors are even brought in. And it's the unexpected mix of it all that makes it a room with a story. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment