message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Love it / Live it: Great Waves [Katsushika Hokusai]

One of my all time favorite pieces of art is The Great Wave by Hokusai, (I've lived with an oversized poster of the print over my bed for years) I love the juxtaposition between the flowing wave and the stark contrasting lines of the wood cut. There is just something about the wave crashing bold and crisp against the unknowing sky that gives me both a sense of excitement and of calm. This just so happens to be a great analogy for my life right now...Huge changes, overwhelming responsibilities and bold moves are happening in my life and as hectic as it feels it's all coming with a peaceful calm that is undeniable...
I'm absolutely loving this handmade leather iphone case from Tinder & Bloom Studio's etsy shop, (and for those of you lucky enough to have one, they have ipad cases too!) and I'm dying for this wallpaper by walnut wallpaper to cover my powder room with...I'm looking forward to sharing all the exciting changes in my life with you all soon, until then...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment