message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Art + Interiors: Everyday Beauty [Paul Cezanne]

"We are all given 24 hours a day. It's the only fair thing; it's the only thing that's equal. It's up to us to determine what we do with those 24 hours. We can waste them, or we can choose to consistently fill them with good."

I sincerely believe that every day is a gift but we all know that with work, school, homework, commutes, or even when we just didn't get enough sleep, loving life can be a challenge. For me the work of Impressionist painter Paul Cezanne is a colorful reminder that beauty is everywhere and that everyday is what you make of it.

"Genius is the ability to renew one's emotions in daily experience"
-Paul Cezanne
"For an Impressionist to paint from Nature is not to paint the subject but to realize sensations" -Paul Cezanne

From top left, end table Arteriors, Wallpaper Architonic.com, vases Mermaid Hut, chair Arteriors, wallpaper Graham & Brown , end table Arteriors, chest Four Hands, chair CB2
This look is complete eclectic indulgence. I simply collected pieces that attracted me in a palette that energizes me. I love pulling from the hues of nature and turning up the volume a bit. The repetition of circles and squares ties the mix of pieces together for a look that is fun, lively and completely unique. Just what I need today for a little attitude adjustment :) Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Love that quote :o) So true...life is short, so why not choose to make the best out of each day? And that grellow wallpaper is amazing!

    ReplyDelete