message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Art + Interiors: Modern Geometry [Frank Stella]

"There is magic in that little world, home; it is a mystic circle that surrounds, comforts and virtues, never known beyond its hallowed limits."  -Robert Southey
As I pack my things, say my goodbyes and tie up loose ends, it is bittersweet. I will miss so much about Southern California but as I close the pages of this chapter of my life to open up space for the new, I feel a bit lighter to be going home to Seattle. For the past 2 1/2 years I have walked past this Frank Stella mural when arriving home at the Sea-Tac airport. The mural has become a symbol of homecoming for me and as my visits became more and more frequent and I saw the mural more and more I realized that Seattle was where my heart truly resided.
There is a unique simplicity to Stella's paintings that I sincerely admire. It takes a skilled veteran to hold back in their art and to paint expressively through the use of geometry and simples hues. I love the way these paintings play with space as their cotton-candy palettes keep them light and bright!

live in it....
Wallpaper via Architonic, Tile via Walker Zanger, End table via Mcquire Furniture, Chair via Architonic, Sofa via Chiasso, Lamp via Arteriors Home, Rug via Madeline Weinrib, Vases via Belvedere Inc, Chair via Mcguire Furniture, Pillow via Jayson Home and Garden 

Mint green, peachy pink and airy blue may sound like a nursery room make but with modern silhouettes and organic accents you can make a space that is modern, chic and a light-hearted treat to live in. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, it's so nice to go home. I love how you linked the artwork with coming home...I always do things like that whether I realize it or not. Not just with artwork, but things like smells...I love how home smells. Can't beat it. Stella's paintings make for a beautiful color palette for a room, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! the northwest waits with open arms....fir trees, clear lakes, snow peeked mountains, ballard, capitol hill, greenlake, the quad, the ave, red barn, alki, LFP hood.... but most of all.... your people!

    ReplyDelete