message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Art + Interiors: Ethereal Feel [Stina Persson]


http://www.galleryhanahou.com/exhibitions/current-show/


As I begrudgingly woke up with a fever today...I sought to brighten my outlook by catching up on some of my favorite blogs. I found the inspiration I needed over at AphroChic where the lovely and talented artist Stina Persson was featured. If you go to her website you'll see a variety of boldly feminine illustrations but what drew me the most were her most recent untouched watercolors in her show "Perfectly Flawed". The raw, fluid images of women with flowing hair and batting lashes references 60's flower children with a distinctly urban vibe. The glowing unexpected color pairing along with drips of color trickling down to the paper's edge make each piece filled with emotion.Both high and low in my reaction the best way to describe how these works make me feel is completely alive.


Live in it...

Obviously the best way to experience this art everyday is to purchase a piece yourself. http://www.galleryhanahou.com/shop/pfcatalog/ But pulling some of the vital elements of the pieces can create a similar ambiance as well. I love these Niche Modern glass pendants for both their fluid, feminine shapes as well as their bold diffused colors. Choose a color for each mood or pull a few together for a textural glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment