message

*** Hello! This blog was written from 2010- 2014, Find me and my current work now at www.LauraBurkhartCreative.com ***

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Prints with Punch


Andy Warhol...

Warhol loved to take everyday images and print them in provocative ways to create prints that are simply vibrant and that truly pop. (Thus the term Pop Art) I love how the stilettos in this piece create their own pattern. There is an interesting juxtaposition here between the depth created where the shoes are layered and the flatness of the screen print medium.


Live in it...

Add a huge punch of color and energy to any space with these deliciously bright fabrics by Madeline Weinrib. You'll feel energized by their dancing patterns and saturated hues.

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea what I am doing as I often operate from emotion rather than technology however I loved your words & appreciate them deeply. Not only do I agree with you but admire your ability to put feelings into words & to show honesty, beauty & inspiration in art & everyday life experiences.
    Congratulations to you for filling a space with positivity that is so needed in day to day life & yet so often missing.

    ReplyDelete